I Have a Cold and, thus, Must Be Dieing

25 Jun

Sometimes my dad walks into the living room and asks,

“Why are you sitting upside down?”

To which I answer,

“Because sitting up is too mainstream.”

Image

From this position, every ‘No I’m not going to the store to get you chocolate’ looks like a ‘Yes’. Unfortunatly, it’s soon met with dissapointment.

“What–”

“And I’m sick.”

“What?”

Since my dad clearly doesn’t get it, I have to spell it out.

“I’m sitting upside down because I am a diseased hipster.”

I’m not sure if he understands it, even now, because he walks away, shaking his head and saying, “…the things you pick up in college…”.

I don’t know why it’s so hard for him to understand, especially since he is the one who passed this strain of disease along.

Sitting upside down is fun in general, BUT it is even more fun when you are sick. For example, when I’m sick and demand, “Get me coffee and chocolate, parental units!”, I get to watch them ignore me upside down– which is so much better than watching them ignore my demands when they’re right side up.

Anyway, I’m 80% sure this is just a bad cold… the other 20% is the margin of error, just in case this is some weird science-y disease that’ll turn me into a zombie. So if I turn into a zombie, I’ll blog about it by Friday. ALSO, if I get better, I’ll be posting something on Friday anyway.

Also, I recently found a song by Family Force 5, and it is awesome. I may end up becoming a zombie by sheer force of will.

Advertisements

8 Responses to “I Have a Cold and, thus, Must Be Dieing”

  1. kaleidoscope49 June 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

    Haha, I thought I was somewhat unusual in referring to my parents as parental units. Although, more frequently, I just call them The Ancestors. Or, if I actually am trying to be weird, I’ll call them my single-generational maternal ancestor and my single-generational paternal ancestor.

    • Erica June 25, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

      Lol those are good ones! I prefer to save “parental units” for when I am being dramatic and use “home-slice” for casual occasions personally

  2. asignoflife June 25, 2012 at 10:55 pm #

    I used to read my books while laying upside down on my couch. I still do when I’m at my cousin’s house, although I don’t know why. When my dad saw me do that a few years ago, all he did was walk away muttering about my intelligence and the blood rushing to my brain.

  3. ethelthedean June 26, 2012 at 11:19 am #

    Terrific! Although I do hate the feeling of blood rushing to my head, so I will politely abstain.

  4. averystrangeplace June 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

    You might want to search for “RE: Your Brains” by Jonathan Coulton. It is another really good song about zombies.

    • Erica June 26, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

      I have totally heard that before! I love that song! I’m a fan of almost all of Coulton’s songs! He did “Still Alive” for Portal too, which is probably one of my favorite games. 😀

      • averystrangeplace June 26, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

        Portal is my favourite game! I think my favourite Coulton song (other than Still Alive) is “Sticking It To Myself” from his Artificial Heart album.

  5. averystrangeplace June 27, 2012 at 6:10 pm #

    Hey, Miss Erica, I think you should know that I nominated you for another “One Lovely Blog” award.
    Details here: http://averystrangeplace.com/2012/06/27/lovely-as-balls/

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: